Thursday, January 31, 2008

My sweet smiler

Dale no longer comes thru the door whistling but he has a big smile with dancing eyes. Always a big thank you on his lips. Our world has become the room we spent time in the evenings-our play room in former years. David and Rachel are here a lot to help with his care- I do not know what we would do with out them. All of our kids have been very supportative. Barbara came for two weeks this month and Joanna came for a week. Mark and Britt 's family came to be here for Christmas with new grandbaby Kate. Our support group is many friends in Ruston. Our church family at Christ Community is truely " the church before the watching world". They have loved us with such a sacrifical love.
Our day is spent with proceedures to keep Dale comfortable. My nursing skills have kicked in and I have more confidence with this new equipment.
Dale is resting well most of the time- days and nights seem to run together for him. In the hospital he was not sure which side of the clock we were on because the blinds on the windows were closed.
We are still praying for a miracle and ask for you to do the same. Also for grace to walk the way that would please the Lord.I am reading a book (by Max Lucado-3:16. ) to Dale in the evenings. Recomended reading. Keep praying for his healing

6 comments:

Lora said...

Love the sweet picture of our "Doctor"! The only thing that would make it better if he was "Near Perfect"! I told you that you could write!

Lisa Barr said...

I remember the playroom well, although I haven't been there in years. David and I watched a lot of Saturday Night Live and Monty Python there back in the day - almost 30 years ago now! Know that your family is in our thoughts and prayers. We have been able to keep up with the goings on from our good friend Holly Emerson. Chris Barr

Helen Payton said...

Doctor and Helen

The trio here at Boersma Clinic wanted you to know that we were thinking of you. We have had some wonderful parties in the playroom. we miss hearing you whistling down these halls. Thanks for all the years we've all had working together. We love and appreciate you both.

Love you

Helen, Sue, and Pat

Peat said...

Its funny sitting here blogging while i'm watching the sitcom
"the Boersmas" as I type this.I have never seen such wonderful, sweet caregivers. I hate to think how unpatient our family would be in the same situation. Right now Helen is tending to Dr. B and his eyes lit up when she leaned over him and there was the sweetest smile on his face.
I told Dr. B last week, (while he was using his spell board) thankyou for being so patient with us.When most of us would be so irritated b/c we had trouble communicating...he just preceded to spell out how blessed he is.... What a man... Until next time, Allison

Lora said...

AM I CRAZY or what? I thought there were blog entries for this weekend, but when I pull your blog up they do not show up! I MUST HAVE FALLEN & HIT MY HEAD!

Lora said...

I heard through the "Grapevine" that Dr. Dale is back on the computer. How about a little post from the Dr. himself????