Thursday, March 6, 2008

The Doctor at Work

Believe on the.

Lord.

Our.
God.

It amazes me the help I get. Of course Helen gives me her all. She feeds me thru a stomach tube three times a day. She changes my dressings. She gives me a bed bath. She takes care of the needs of nature. She puts drops in my eyes. She scratches my back and rubs my feet. And add a dozen or more chores to that. What a wonderful woman.

Another marvelous person is Rachel. She has volunteered herself to be here every day to give Helen backup. I marvel that she is so very unselfish and giving. I cannot imagine anyone being so unselfish.

David comes every evening and also spends the night Saturday and Sunday to provide backup for Helen. The other five nights we have a lady hired.

I eat nothing but cans of tube feeding, but there has been a steady influx of food from all kinds of people. The fridge is laden with casseroles etc all the time David and Rachel and Wesley and Aaron eat here most every night.

We have a steady flow of company. Some come to read. Today our preacher, Dicky, brought a book and read a mythical version of history where the pharoah smoked cigars and spit on the floor. Between six and ten others have read from a variety of books including the Bible. And Jim, our neighbor has come twice and played on the piano a medley of familiar hymns.

Do you wonder when I saw the Lord is good.

Dale

2 comments:

Lora said...

Dear Dale & Helen-You are reaping what you have sown!

Carol said...

Hmmmm, this is the second time my message has gotten lost. The cyber imps are at work. This is sort of a test message because I can't write the lengthy thing I did before.
I love you all,
carol