Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Games

It has been a while since we have written about Dr. Dale. Things seem to be progressing daily. Each day is filled with a routine to meet all of Dr's needs. We have devised a chart, with Dr. Dale's help, to keep us on track with this daily routine. It can be quite confusing at times, but I think Granny has it mastered.

It is nice to have people coming by to read, to talk, to pray, to laugh. It is nice to see smiles.
Thanks for that!

We have asked Dr. Dale about the back scratching contest and who may be the winner. He just smiles. I guess that contest is not over yet. So we asked about the foot rub contest. He just smiles and says Patty. Patty is the lady who sits with him at night. Granny just laughs. We all laugh. Doctor just smiles.

One day Granny was sitting in the recliner across the room from Dr. Dale. Dr. mouthed something and Granny thought he called her Betty. Wesley was watching the Flintstones and immediately thought Dr. Dale was referring to Betty Rubble. Granny then called Dr. Dale "Fred". A couple of days later, Granny looked at Dr. Dale and asked him if he knew who she was. Dr. Dale's response was "Betty". We laughed and laughed.

Keeping this in mind, Wesley walked up to Dr. Dale's bed yesterday. He looked Dr. Dale in the eyes and said "Do you know who I am?" You could only laugh. Dr. Dale even smiled.

In case you are interested, we are contemplating a new contest....arm wrestling. It seems Dr. Dale is able to do that motion with his right hand. Anyone interested?

Thanks again for all your love, support and prayers. It is truly treasured!
Rachel

5 comments:

Lora said...

You make my hungry for a visit. Nothing like going by the Boersma's! Always good for a laugh and most of the time many! What would we all expect-except for Helen to be "Master of the Schedule"! Your hearts of service are truly an inspiriation to each and everyone of us that come by for a visit!

Unknown said...

Dr. Dale,
You are truly an inspiration - Kathryn Ward is my Mom and has kept me posted on your condition. You lift me up just reading your blog!!!! Tell Helen to keep up the good work and you too. You made my day today!
Marilou Ward Daigle

Anne Williamson said...

I prayed this verse for all of you today Colossians 1:11

Carrie said...

Hugs to you and your family. I know this time is hard, but isn't it wonderful being a child of God?! I am praying for peace and comfort for all. Love y'all! Carrie WHITE Owen (Ron and Glenda White's daughter)

Helen Payton said...

I sure miss you all. Hope to get by soon. All is well here at the clinic. Having a busy Monday.

I know Nancy is keeping Helen in peanut butter fudge but if she lets you run out let me know.

Love ya,

Helen